Saturday, April 17, 2010
So some of the things weve done since my last post:
-Thanksgiving in San Francisco with Nicolopulos side of the family
-Christmas in Seattle with the Gonzalez family
- Jack loved the wrapping paper and started to enjoy some of his toys
- He was ok when he visited Santa (didn't cry, so we were happy)
- Sent quality time with family (my parents came up after Christmas through New Years)
- Jack got pretty sick (we had to take him to the ER wice in a weeks time, but got better rather quickly)
-January was recovery from the holidays and I was official back to work. This hasn't been as easy as I would have liked but after about a month or so, started getting used to things and Jack wasn't upset that mommy wasn't at home as much as she'd bee before.
-Febraury I had to go to Vegas for a work conference, so we made a family trip of it and Nick and Jack flew down to Palm Springs while I was in Vegas, then I few out to meet them and enjoy a few days with my parents.
- Jack absolutely loves the swimming pool. He didn't want to get out and also enjoyed the warmer weather.
- We had started swim lessons in January, so it was great to reacclimate him to the water.
- We alos celebrated Nick's 28th Birthday but hving his parents and some close friends over to the house (no La Palma this year and let me tell you, I think they were dissappointed). Maybe next year? :)
-March was a little busy as we've been preparing for a couple of things. We started planning Jack's Baptism and Nick has also been busy interviewing with a number of companies. We were also delighted to have my cousin Marie and her boyfriend, Vadim, come for a visit. They've never been to Seattle and we really enjoyed spending time with them. We don't get that many visitors to Seattle, so it really was such a fun weekend. Jack loved having the company as well.
-And now we are half way through April and it has been very busy. We celebrated Jack's first Easter with the Gonzalez Family. Patti asked me to ake a strata for brunch on Easter Sunday, and I hve to say, this was my best one yet!
- Jack loved the plastic eggs we got him, he played with them the whole week after. He also got 4 diferent Easter baskets, one from his parents, one from his Nonno and Nonnie, one from his Nana and Grandpop, and one from Auntie Jenn and Uncle John. The Easter bunny really liked him this year!
- This last weekend, we celebrated Jack's Baptism into the Catholic church. It was such a wonderful event. Our lil' man was dressed in a white knit 2 peice outfit, he looked so precious. He also loved the attention of the congregation when they clapped for him and sang "alleuia" after he was Christened. He had a beautiful innocent smile on his face hich I shall never forget.
- A more recent experience for Jack is that he had surgery this last Tuesday. He has a "buried penis," so his parents took precaution and decided to opt to have a corrective surgery while he's so young to pull the skin back in this area. The good news is that Jack was such a trooper during the morning leading up to the surgery, during the surgery and after. It was his mom and dad who had probably a more difficult time. But he really is recovering well and things are looking a lot better down there now. I think he will thank us when he's older. Also, we've heard it will make potty training a lot easier when he's older.
Now you are pretty up to date from the last 6 months. I will try to make more of an effort to update this. We hope everyone is doing well. I honestly can't believe that Jack will be turning a year old in just a month and a half. He is such a big boy now, wieghing in at just 23 lbs. and 31 inches long.
I hope everyone is doing well!
All our love,
Jamie, Nick and Jack